Thursday, January 2, 2014

Watch Me Grow! Weeks 15-17

I can honestly say that I am finally starting to feel better!  It has been a week since I have thrown up, I am starting to get more energy, and with my belly growing, it's becoming a quick reality that Andrez and I are going to be parents in less than 6 months!

We went home for a week for Christmas and got to spend some much needed quality time with our families.  We got lots of delicious homemade meals like carne asada, ribs, turkey and ham, and prime rib!  I left with my belly full, which I'm sure the baby loved after weeks of me eating whatever it was I craved, which was usually not home cooked or healthy.

I am starting to not fit into any of my regular clothes, so my mom and I made a trip to the Gap, where I got some of my first maternity clothes!  To any of my friends who are pregnant or will be one day, do yourselves a favor and buy maternity clothes, they are the most comfortable clothes you can wear!  I was trying to stretch (literally!) my normal clothes for as long as possible, but maternity clothes are so much more forgiving, comfortable, and made for your growing body.  Going up a size in regular clothing looked awkward, so I'm happy that I have comfy clothes now.

Here are some of the most asked questions and some updates on my pregnancy for my current week:

How Far Along: 17 weeks (our baby is the size of a turnip!)

Total Weight Gain: About 8 pounds.

Maternity Clothes:  Yes, I am wearing maternity clothes, but I do still have dresses, tunics, sweaters, and leggings that aren't maternity that I'm wearing.

Sleep:  I'm not sleeping really well.  I wake up to go to the bathroom at least once per night and I wake up randomly at different times.  I am also a stomach and back sleeper, which I won't be able to do much longer!

Cravings:  Black tea (any way-hot, iced, sweet, unsweetened, with sugar and milk), beef, pork sausage, green apples, salmon salad sandwiches, and Skittles.  Random, I know and no, I don't eat/drink these all together!

Gender:  We aren't finding out!  We want it to be a surprise!  If I am going on intuition, I would say I'm leaning towards a girl, but who knows!

Movement:  I've felt little bubbles and flutters, but I'm not sure if they are actually movements.  I've been told that's what they feel like, but honestly, they could just be gas bubbles for all I know!

Mood:  My moods kind of shift.  I have been much more sentimental and I was really sad when I had to leave my family this last weekend.  I would also say I have been more calm and not as much of a worrier as I have been in the past.  Overall, I am really happy and so excited to be pregnant!





10 comments:

  1. You're adorable! I'm so bummed I didn't get to see you :( Glad you are feeling better... I'm so excited for you guys! Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!! I'm sad I didn't get to see you either. I can't wait for March now!

      Delete
  2. Omg wait until you get up 3-5 times to pee... Or feel like that's all do at night... No worries prepares you for those feeding times!! 8lbs in so jealous!! That's great!! You look fabulous and Brandon Ernestberg days congrats to you and Andrez !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the day, I feel like I live in the bathroom! Thanks for the congrats and I hope Andrez and I have a baby half as cute as your boys!!

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing your journey. You, Andrez and Baby Posada have my best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jackie! I'm happy you get to us in this journey :) I hope Leah, Zach, and the kids come to Portland sometime in the nearer future and that you join them!!

      Delete
  4. Yay!! A little posada coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Cinnamon Rolls from your fabulous little sister!!! :) Rub the belly for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, the yummy cinnamon rolls! I could eat the whole pan right about now!!

    ReplyDelete