Saturday, January 25, 2014

Watch Me Grow! Weeks 18-20

It's hard to believe, but I am now at the half way point in my pregnancy-20 weeks!  I can't believe how fast it's gone so far and can't believe that we're going to meet our little babe in 4.5 months!  These past few weeks have been really good.  We had a doctor's appointment where we got to hear little babe's heartbeat, 155 bpm, and we had our anatomy scan.  We LOVED the hour long ultrasound where we got to see our little baby, their brain, heart, profile, fingers, toes, arms, and legs.  He or she was putting on quite a show for us by sucking on their little thumb (we even got to see their tongue!) and putting their entire fist in their mouth!  We got the news on Friday that the baby is perfect and healthy, which was great to hear!

Here are some pregnancy updates:

How Far Along: 20 weeks (our baby is the length of a banana and weighs 10oz!)

Total Weight Gain: According to my scale: 9-10 lbs. According to the doctor: 11 lbs. 

Maternity Clothes:  Yes!  I actually ordered a pair of Gap Maternity leggings and jeans and they are comfy!  I still have tops and dresses that aren't maternity that fit and that I wear.  All of my jackets and sweatshirts are TIGHT and I can barely zipper them up!

Sleep:  I still wake up every night to go to the bathroom, however, my sister recently ordered me this Snoogle pillow.  It looks funny, but it is comfy!!  I have slept so much more soundly with it and if you are pregnant, do yourself a favor and order one!!

Cravings:  Tacos--hard shell, ground beef, lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, and salsa, to be exact!  I can't get enough of them!  I have also been craving citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and lemons.  My appetite has grown tremendously, so in general, I am eating a lot more!  I feel a little bit like a bottomless pit, so I eat lots of fruits, but also enjoy a bag of Skittles or Dairy Queen blizzard, too! 

Gender:  We didn't find out, only 20 more weeks until we know if this little babe is a he or she!

Movement:  I still am not feeling the baby a ton, but I am feeling them.  Last week (at Week 19), Andrez was able to feel the baby for the first time by touching my stomach.  It was pretty amazing for him to get to feel our baby for the first time and I can't wait until we feel punches and kicks everyday!

Mood:  Overall, pretty good, but a little overwhelmed.  It's a lot to take in that we are going to be responsible for a perfect, new baby in a short few months.  I want to make sure things are in order and ready, but I am also trying to relax and enjoy this time.  This will be my only first pregnancy and I am trying to soak in every minute of the excitement, nervousness, and all of the firsts Andrez and I are going though.

I took my first pre-natal yoga class today and really enjoyed it!  I think I am going to be a little sore because I have not worked out my entire pregnancy, but it felt good to stretch and do something good for my mind and body.  I also liked the social aspect of it as all of the girls in the class introduced themselves and could talk about their week, where they are at in their pregnancy, and how they are feeling.  I have already signed up for four more and plan to take them through the delivery.





No comments:

Post a Comment